We gather two types of data about our users: personal information and tracking information.
Personal information is provided by users when registering for a conference, such as Consensus or Construct, or when signing up for a newsletter. Personal information gathered in connection with registering for our conferences, and subscribing to our newsletters may include name, employer, job title, employer address, e-mail address and phone number. Credit and debit card information submitted in connection with purchasing research and conference registration is processed by third-party vendors and is not shared with UU.Block.
- Keep track of advertisements
- Stop you seeing the same ad over and over again
- Show ads that are more relevant to you, using country and language preferences
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and interactions to offer better site experiences and tools in future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf
- Enhance site performance and facilitate certain site features
- Understand if you have already taken a required step to view certain types of content, such as submitting your email address to post a comment.
We may also employ technology that is commonly referred to as “action tags” (also known as “web beacons,” “scripts” or “one pixel .gif files”) to measure the effectiveness of our advertisements.
In addition to the cookies described above, UU.Block, its agents, advertisers and third-party advertising vendors that serve ads onto the UU.Block Sites, and other third party partners, may use their own or third-party cookies or other tracking technologies for advertising, including delivering targeted advertisements and marketing messages (known as Internet-based advertising or “IBA”) based upon the websites you visit, or other purposes. IBA works by showing you advertisements that are based on the type of content you access or read. For example, as you browse our website, one of the cookies placed on your device will be an advertising cookie so we can better understand what sort of pages or content you are interested in. The information collected about your device enables us to group you with other devices that have shown similar interests. We can then display advertising to categories of users that is based on common interests. For more information about IBA, please visit: http://www.iab.net/public_policy/behavioral-advertisingprinciples.
If you want to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising, it does not mean that you will no longer receive advertising when you are using our website. It just means that we will not use information collected about you for IBA and that any advertising you see will not be customized or relevant to you. You can exercise your online advertising choices at http://optout.aboutads.info or by clicking the AdChoices icon in an ad and following the instructions. You may also opt out of receiving interest-based ads from many sites through the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) Opt Out Tool (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices) and in the EU at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/. Remember, if you delete cookies, use a different device, or change web browsers, you may need to opt out again.
Mobile devices have an identifier that gives companies the ability to serve targeted ads to a specific mobile device. In many cases, you can turn off mobile device ad tracking or you can reset the advertising identifier at any time within your mobile device privacy settings. Another tool you can use to control advertising on your mobile device is the AppChoices App: http://youradchoices.com/appchoices. You may also choose to turn off location tracking on your mobile device. If you turn off ad tracking or location tracking, we will no longer use information collected from your device’s advertising identifier for the purposes of advertising. You may still see the same number of ads but they may be less relevant because they will not be based on your interests.
For EU Users:
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website. We use the following types of cookies on our website:
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
Statistic cookies help website owners to understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party advertisers and vendors. Additionally, third party advertising vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites on the Internet.
Use of Information
- To enhance users’ experiences on the UU.Block Sites, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- To improve our content;
- To ensure the technical functioning of the UU.Block Sites.
UU.Block ?does not sell or disclose personal information about you described above to other people or nonaffiliated companies, except to provide you with products or services, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or otherwise to cooperate with law enforcement agencies or state and federal regulators;
- We provide the information on a confidential basis to nonaffiliated companies we engage as contractors or agents to perform services for us, such as maintaining software or administering payments. Information will be shared with such contractors only to the extent reasonably necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, and pursuant to confidentiality obligations;
- We may disclose information we collect as described above to other companies such as direct marketers to perform marketing services on our behalf, or to third parties with whom we have joint marketing agreements;
- We disclose personal information gathered in the conference registration process (other than credit and debit card information) with the sponsors of that conference;
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who clicked on a particular link or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information does not identify you individually.
Postings related to articles on the UU.Block Sites are publicly available. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any of your personal information in a public posting.
This section shall apply to any personal data collected by UU.Block from EU residents. If you are an EU resident, UU.Block will only share your personal data with third parties with your consent.
How long we retain data
We retain your personal data for the duration of your business relationship with us, and we hold your information only as long as necessary for each purpose we use it, unless we have obtained your consent to use for another or similar purpose.
How long we retain data
If you inform us that you want your personal data erased (if you are an EU resident), or that you no longer wish for us to communicate with you for marketing purposes, or to otherwise restrict UU.Block ’s processing of your personal data, we may retain some basic information in order to avoid sending you unwanted materials in the future, and to keep a record of your request and our response.
This section shall apply to any personal data collected by UU.Block from EU residents.
To confirm that UU.Block is processing your personal data, or to access, update or correct the personal data UU.Block holds about you, or to obtain a copy to reuse for your own purposes, or If you want your personal data erased, or you want to otherwise restrict UU.Block’s processing of personal data please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions or comments regarding this policy should be directed to email@example.com.
Updated on March 2, 2019